Saturday, October 23, 2010

Salmon Croquettes

I'm not a big fish eater, so this recipe is my saving grace during Lent. It's very low calorie if you use non-stick spray and low calorie whole wheat bread.

1 14 3/4 oz. can Prelate Wild Alaska Pink Salmon
2 sl (whole wheat) bread, ground to crumbs in herb grinder
2 eggs
ca. 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
ca. 1/2 tsp Salt
ca. 1/4 tsp Pepper

1. Drain salmon and remove skin and bones, if desired. (I do!)
2. Make bread crumbs.
3. Combine everything.
4. Form 9 croquettes. I prefer them to be about 2 1/2 or 3 inches wide and only about 3/8 inches thick.
5. Fry either in oil or with non-stick spray until nicely browned on both sides.

Note: I think they taste best with yellow mustard on them. Some people like cracker crumbs, other prefer mashed potatoes and some even use rice. See what you like best.

No comments: