Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mitch's Pizza Sauce

I keep losing this recipe, so I figure this is the safest place for it. I don't know where he got this recipe, but it is delicious! The only problem I have with it is that it does not call for basil. Since it's summertime, we've been putting fresh basil on the pizza, but in the winter I might add some to the recipe. I wonder if someone didn't get confused and call for tarragon instead of basil at some point and then it just stuck! It makes quite a bit but you can freeze it.

1/2 minced onion
4 cloves garlic
olive oil
28 oz tomato, crushed
6 oz tomato paste
1 tsp fennel seed
1 tsp marjoram
1 tsp tarragon
2 tsp oregano
1-2 T brown sugar

Saute the onion and garlic in some olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients, rubbing the marjoram, tarragon and oregano between your palms to make it powdered. Simmer for 1 hour.

2 comments:

huckleberrylime said...

Happened upon your blog. I'm just learning to cook. Thanks for keeping them simple. It helps. :)

sweet niece said...

Thank you! Best of luck to you with your cooking :-)